Hot Cocoa Cookie Cups
When the holiday’s come around, everyone likes to showcase their baking skills. We are showcasing this simple hot chocolate cookie recipe. You can easily make these cookies for yourself, your kids or an event you are attending.
These are so cute and edible, you will have to remind yourself, it’s a cookie and you just ate four.
mini muffin tray
mini candy canes with 1″ broken off end
crushed candy canes
Make your cookie dough or use premade dough.
Preheat your oven per the cookie type you have (we used chocolate chip).
Spray the mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Place cookie dough in each tin (enough for 1 cookie).
Press each cookie into the tin and bake per directions.
Remove cookies from oven and place a chocolate in each cookie.
Allow the cookies to cool and remove from the muffin tin.
Pour a little chocolate over each chocolate candy and place a little peppermint or marshmallows (or both) over each cookie.
Place a candy cane over the edge to form a ‘handle’.
Allow the cocoa cookies to cool and serve on your favorite serving tray.
- You can make your own cookie dough, or use store bought (we used store bought)
- Spray the mini muffin tin for easy removal of the cookies
- Have all the wrappers removed from the chocolates before the cookies come out of the oven
- Have all the candy canes crush, open and broken to put into the cookies
- Covering the chocolate with melted chocolate, gives a smooth finish on top and something for the peppermint and marshmallows to stick to
- Decorations can be done while the cookies are warm
- It may be difficult to put the peppermint stick in when the cookies harden
- Use these to win your cookie swap party
- Serve with your homemade Santa hats
Leave a Reply