Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe
When the holiday’s come around, everyone likes to showcase their baking skills. We are showcasing this simple hot chocolate cookie recipe. You can easily make these cookies for yourself, your kids or an event you are attending.
These are so cute and edible, you will have to remind yourself, it’s a cookie and you just ate four. A great addition to your holiday gift box.
Can You Use Store Bought Cookie Dough?
Yes, you can use store bought for perfect portioning your cookie dough. You can also use a scoop to measure the perfect amount into each muffin tin.
What Kind Of Cookies Are Used?
You can use chocolate chip cookies with mini chocolate chips or any flavor that will pair with the chocolate cocoa theme for the cookies. Peanut butter cookies or sugar cookies would also work well.
How Many Cookies Does This Recipe Make?
This recipe depends on bringing the cookie dough to the recipe. If you are bringing a batch or double batch you will get that many cookies. You will need that many kisses and candy canes for each cookie as well.
Fun Hot Cocoa Cookie Cups
- cookie dough
- melted chocolate
- mini candy canes with 1" broken off end
- chocolate kisses
- crushed candy canes
- mini marshmallows
- Make your cookie dough or use premade dough.
- Preheat your oven per the cookie type you have (we used chocolate chip).
- Spray the mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Place cookie dough in each tin (enough for 1 cookie).
- Press each cookie into the tin and bake per directions.
- Remove cookies from oven and place a chocolate kiss in each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool and remove from the muffin tin.
- Pour a little chocolate over each chocolate candy and place a little peppermint or marshmallows (or both) over each cookie.
- Place a candy cane over the edge to form a 'handle'.
- Allow the cocoa cookies to cool and serve on your favorite serving tray.
- You can make your own cookie dough, or use store bought (we used store bought)
- Spray the mini muffin tin for easy removal of the cookies
- Have all the wrappers removed from the chocolates before the cookies come out of the oven
- Have all the candy canes crush, open and broken to put into the cookies
- Covering the chocolate with melted chocolate, gives a smooth finish on top and something for the peppermint and marshmallows to stick to
- Decorations can be done while the hot cocoa cookies are warm
- It may be difficult to put the peppermint stick in when the cookies harden
- Use these to win your cookie swap party
- Serve with your homemade Santa hats