Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Love chicken alfredo, but short on time to make it during the week? We’ve got a few short cuts you can use, without sacrificing taste making homemade chicken fettuccine.
Serve this delicious dish with your favorite veggie and a side of garlic bread.
How Do You Season Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce is seasoned with salt and pepper. It is a buttery sauce made with heavy cream. You can add Italian seasoning if you like as well. If you find your sauce is too thick, use reserved pasta water to thin it out.
What Do You Serve With Chicken Fettuccine?
Chicken fettuccine is served with vegetables like broccoli, asparagus and green beans. A nice Caesar or green salad pairs well with chicken fettuccine also. Don’t forget a side of garlic bread and end with tiramisu for dessert.
What Make Chicken Alfredo Sauce Creamy?
To make chicken fettuccine alfredo creamy, it requires heavy cream. If you do not have heavy cream you can use half and half or whole milk. This is also made with butter and olive oil. Allowing the sauce to thicken and you cannot forget to add fresh garlic. If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use bottled garlic (usually found in the produce aisle). Stir and let the sauce simmer and you add the freshly grated parmesan cheese (the best part!)
What Do You Do If Your Sauce Is Too Thick?
If you find that your alfredo sauce is too thick, add reserved pasta water to thin it. If it is not thickening, you can add more parmesan cheese and let it simmer and stir, stir stir.
Should You Use Powdered Parmesan Cheese?
No. This will not give the same taste or thickening properties you will get from using fresh parmesan cheese. If you cannot use fresh, buying shredded parmesan cheese will also work well.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken Breasts To Make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
You can cook frozen chicken breasts or use frozen sliced chicken breast. You will need to cook the chicken and then add it to the homemade chicken fettuccine alfredo. We used precooked chicken breasts and then boiled them per the directions and added them into the chicken alfredo sauce.
Should You Save Some Pasta Water For The Alfredo Sauce?
Yes! You can make chicken fettuccine alfredo with reserved pasta water. Pasta water will help thicken the alfredo sauce. Pasta water is also great to use if the alfredo sauce is too thick, it will give liquid to help it thin out.
Quick Chicken Alfredo
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 cups sliced cooked grilled chicken
- 1 pound cooked fettucine noodles (al dente)
- Place the pasta in the pan and cook in salted water until aldente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add butter & oil into a heated pan.
- Stir oil and butter together until melted.
- Add heavy cream and garlic. Stir to keep the garlic from burning.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Stir and add the parmesan cheese to the hot cream mix.
- Let the cheese melt and the sauce boil.
- Add the pasta to the sauce with 1/2 of pasta water (add more if the sauce is too thick).
- Stir and twist the pasta into sauce, coating the pasta well.
- Add the cooled sliced grilled chicken into the pasta mix and stir.Or serve it on the side if you have people who don't want chicken.