I know you can cook everything in a pan and eat them right then. But something changes when you put the ingredients into a slow cooker on low and let them cook for a few hours. The ingredients kinda caramelize and enhance the flavor. Sloppy Joes are something I’ll eat, but are not my favorite, unless they are cooked in crock pot.
You do start the dish out in a pan, but you move it to the crock pot. That is where the flavor is.
You can eat them with or without cheese. Toast the buns for another added layer of crunch and flavor. How do you like your sloppy joe, with or without cheese?
- 1 to 1.5 pounds ground beef
- your favorite sloppy joe sauce
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Turn your crock pot on low.
- In a pan, add the ground beef and onion.
- Cook until the ground beef is brown.
- Add the sauce and incorporate.
- Add the ground beef mix into the crock pot.
- Stir occasionally and cook 4 -6 hours, until browned.
- Serve on bread or hamburger buns.