pumpkin bundt cake
When you think of pumpkin, you probably think of pumpkin pie. There are many different recipes you can make with pumpkin. I made this really delicious pumpkin bundt cake with a pecan caramel sauce. This has quickly become a family favorite in our house.
This is a perfect recipe to make and bring to a party. I recommend serving the sauce on the side as you will want extra or less of the sauce, depending on your taste.
Make sure to spray the bundt pan very well. This will allow the cake to release from the pan easily, in 1 piece.
- bundt pan
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin (or 2 cups canned pumpkin)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a bowl mix the sugar, flour, baking soda and pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl mix the pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Spray the bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and flip onto a plate.
- Pour pecan caramel sauce on top. Cut, serve and enjoy.