Do you love to bake like I do? I enjoy baking and pies are one of my favorite desserts to make. Having a pie dough recipe can make a delicious pie. I’m team pie crust in my family and this simple pie crust recipe checks all the boxes to complete the perfect pie.
Simple Pie Crust
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, add 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the egg water vinegar and shortening into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- The dough should be a firm consistency. If it is not, add a little flour until it is no longer wet and sticky.
- Cut in half and cover each piece wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Place both into the fridge and allow to set for 1 hour.
- Roll out and use for your next pie.
Pie Dough Tips:
- Depending on the moisture in your area, you may need more/less flour
- Add flour until your dough is firm, but still soft
- Want a buttery crust use butter flavored shortening
- Putting the pie dough into the fridge, allows it to firm up a bit before baking and be easier to roll out
- Make your favorite pumpkin, apple or banana pie