Homemade Maraschino Cherry Bread
This cherry bread recipe is a quick bread. No yeast, no need to let it rise. Just add everything together and bake. This bread is made with maraschino cherries, so it’s easy to grab a container of cherries and make this recipe. No pitting. There may be stained hands, but we think this recipe is worth it.
Another ingredient that elevates this recipe is adding cream cheese. This will give the bread a little more moisture and a tang to go with the sweetness of the cherries.
What Is Maraschino Cherry Bread?
This is a cherry quick bread recipe (does not require yeast) that is made with chopped maraschino cherries and walnuts (optional). It does not require letting the the bread to rise. The batter is mixed together and then baked.
Can I Use The Maraschino Cherry Juice In The Bread?
You can. Note that this will change the consistency of the bread and it will be more liquid (takes longer to bake). It may not all fit in the loaf pan. You will get a beautiful pink color in the bread. Definitely put baking sheets under your loaf pans, to catch any potential overflow. The timing it takes to bake may take longer, so keep an eye on it once it hits the recommended baking time.
What Ingredients Are In This Cherry Bread Recipe?
This recipe has several ingredients, including:
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder
- cream cheese
- chopped cherries
- chopped walnuts
What Size Loaf Pan Do You Use?
This recipe can be made using 4 mini loaf pans or 1 regular loaf pan. If using as a gift or to freeze a few to eat later, use the mini loaf pan. Spray non-stick spray to the prepared loaf pan will easily release the bread when it’s done baking. You could also use butter in place of non-stick spray too.
Is This a Fresh Cherry Bread?
This recipe does not use fresh cherries and it does not use frozen cherries. This is a maraschino cherries recipe.
Baking Powder Or Baking Soda?
This cherry loaf uses both. You will get a perfect rise making a delicious cherry bread perfect for sharing during the holidays.
What Can You Do With Left Over Maraschino Cherry Juice?
Add 2 Tablespoons of maraschino juice and add it into a nice glass of lemon-lime soda pop.
Baking Bliss Cherry Bread Recipe
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese (this will make it fluffy.
- Once fluffed, add the butter and cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in the sugars until blended and then add in the eggs and vanilla blending until well mixed.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and mix.
- Add in the cherries and walnuts and mix again.
- Add the flour and mix everything well. Add the flour 1 cup at a time.
- Place batter into a greased loaf pan. Or use 4 small mini loaf pans to make 4 mini loaves.
- If you are using mini loaves, place on a baking sheet, so they are easier to manage in the oven and won't tip over.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.