I recently made this pecan caramel sauce recipe to go on the pumpkin bundt cake I made. Can I just say yum. I had to go back and put more sauce on my slice of cake.
pecan caramel sauce
This sauce is the perfect combination of creaminess and butter. You will want to eat this by the spoonful. I found the best way to serve this is to have the sauce on the side of the cake. This allows you to drizzle over your cake how much you want on your cake.
If you decide to pour this over the top of your cake, it is very important to allow your sauce to cool to the point where it’s thicker and not piping hot. If your sauce is hot, it will run right off the cake.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups rough chopped pecans
- In a sauce pan, add the butter, brown sugar and heavy whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Keep stirring during the 5 minutes and allow mixture to thicken.
- Add the pecans, stir and remove from heat.
- Allow the mix to cool and then pour over your pumpkin bundt cake or other recipe