How to Cook a Precooked Ham with Clove and Pineapple in Slow Cooker
Never have dry ham again! Cooking this ham with cloves and pineapple make it delicious. Cooking it in the slow cooker, keep it moist. You just need to make sure the ham will fit in the slow cooker, with the lid on before you start this recipe.
Can You Cook a Ham in a Slow Cooker?
Definitely! We use a precooked ham. It would take a lot longer if the ham was not precooked. You will need to check to make sure the ham will fit in your slow cooker BEFORE you start. If it doesn’t, you will want to trim it so that it fits.
Why Do you Score the Ham?
The ham is scored so that the flavors from the pineapple and cloves will infuse into the ham. Add as much pineapple and clove that you like.
Can You Make Other Types of Ham in the Slow Cooker?
Why Do you Add Brown Sugar to Ham?
It gives a sweetness. If you don’t like sweet, remove this from your recipe and enjoy.
Holiday Ham with Clove and Pineapple: Slow Cooker
- 1 half boneless ham
- 1 can pineapple chunks or rings
- 10-15 toothpicks
- 20-30 whole cloves
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- You did make sure the ham will fit in the slow cooker with the lid on? Trim if needed.
- Put a slow cooker liner in the slow cooker to keep the mess to a minimum.
- Take the cloves and poke them into the ham. You can be fancy and make a pattern if you want to.Place the ham into the crock pot.
- Take the pineapple slices and toothpicks and stick the pineapples onto the outside of the ham with the toothpicks.
- Add the brown sugar and pack it onto the top of the ham and pack it gently.
- Take the juice from the pineapples and pour it slowly over the ham.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.