Easy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
If you are a lover of cauliflower, you will love this easy cauliflower soup recipe. The light tasting soup, with the bread crumbs and crispy bacon make it a perfect addition to dinner or a light lunch option.
Watch how we made our recipe in our video:
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken stock
1 head of cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
1 tablespoon minced onions
small handful of fresh thyme
½ cup unsalted butter
1 bay leaf
salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
4 teaspoons melted butter
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
¼ lb. cooked bacon, finely chopped
Pour the milk and chicken stock into a large saucepan; add a little salt and pepper.
Add the cauliflower, onion, thyme sprigs, butter, and bay leaf to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove thyme and bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender.
Pour the soup back into a saucepan and check for seasoning.
In the meantime, drizzle the bread crumbs with the butter and toss.
Spread the mixture in a pan and cook on medium until lightly browned and crispy; remove from pan, scrape into a bowl and stir in parsley.
To serve, pour the soup into bowls and sprinkle with the toasted bread crumbs and crispy bacon.
Tips for Cooking Cauliflower
- Cauliflower cooks super fast, 15 minutes on medium heat and it should be done
- Recipe serves 3-4 people, depending on size of head of cauliflower
- You will want to have a little bit of bread crumbs in every bite, so mix them in!
- Add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese to take the soup to a whole other level.
- Make this recipe quicker, by using steamed cauliflower
- This is a creamy soup. Want a little bite? Leave some chunks and don’t puree it