Grilled Smothered Chicken with Cheese
Smothered chicken is a favorite dish we fell in love with at restaurants. Going out to eat is not always in the budget. Making this delicious dish at home, makes our budget and bellies happy. Because it’s grilled, healthier for you. Nevermind the cheese, move along (use reduced fat).
fileted chicken breast
sliced mozzarella/provolone cheese
Heat your grill heating while you are preparing the chicken.
If you haven’t cut the chicken breast in half, do it now.
Sprinkle pepper on both sizes of the chicken breast.
Place the chicken on the panini press and close.
Cook until the chickens internal temperature is 165F.
If you don’t have a panini press, you will need to cook chicken on both sides.
Once the chicken is cooked internally, place a piece of sliced cheese on each chicken breast and allow to melt.
When the cheese is melted, it is time to serve.
Grilled Chicken tips:
- the chicken should be thawed when you cook it (not frozen)
- We used a panini press to cook both sides of the chicken at the same time
- You could use a regular pan if you wanted or one with griddle groves
- To melt the cheese, you could put it under a broiler
- If you have leftovers, cut into small pieces and if desired, add more cheese