How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
These are my little guys favorite and most requested food. They are simple and quick to make when hunger strikes. The little smokies are one of the few things I buy at the bulk food store (unless I can find on sale) Pigs in a blanket are wrapped in crescent dough and cooked to a nice crunch.
These make a great snack and are perfect for taking to parties or having as an appetizer. We event use them as an after school snack to curb hunger before dinner. And yes, sometimes they even become dinner. with some delicious baked beans.
These are perfect to make in the toaster oven if you have one in the summer to keep your house chill. And since my son likes them so much, he’s learned how to cook them for himself.
Easy Pigs In a Blanket
- oven/toaster oven
- 1 package of little smokies
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and cut the strips into thirds.
- The strips are a little thick, so roll between your hands to stretch them out.
- Take the strip and wrap it around the smokies and place them on a cookie sheet. Hold the end as you wrap it around.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- These should be a golden brown when done.
- Serve with BBQ, mustard and ketchup.
- You can buy the crescent rolls in a full sheet and cut, versus buying the triangles.
- Buy your favorite flavor of crescent rolls.