Easter Coconut Basket Treats
Looking for a simple Easter dessert to put together that is easy and quick? These coconut basket treats are simple and so delicious. There is no baking and require just 3 ingredients.
We used sour jelly beans to counter the sweetness from the chips. The baskets are a simple small snack to enjoy and you can make them anytime, swapping out the jelly beans for your favorite chocolate candies or gummies.
microwave safe container
12 mini cupcake papers
teaspoon size spoon
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
2 cups coconut flakes
1 bag jelly beans
Put the mini cupcake papers in the muffin tin.
In your microwave container, add the chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Microwave the chips for 1 minute and stir. Microwave more if needed, checking every 30 seconds until melted.
Remove from the microwave and add the coconut and stir until mixed completely.
With the spoon, place a heaping spoon full of the mix into each muffin tin.
Press your thumb in the middle of each one to make a slight indent in the middle for the jelly beans.
Take 3-4 jelly beans and add them to each basket and press gently into the basket.
Allow to set and remove from the cupcake tin and serve.
Love these, you may want to make the edible Easter egg nests too.
Coconut Basket Tips
- Depending on your microwave strength, the time to melt the chocolate may take less/more time
- Prep as much as you can in advanced so the coconut does not set up before you put the jelly beans on it
- Put the cupcake liners in the mini cupcake tin before you start to melt the chocolate
- Have the coconut ready to go in a bowl before you melt the chocolates
- Open the jelly bean bag and have a few out to put on the baskets
Serve them with your other treats: