Cinnamon Apple Crumble Bread
Here is a delicious cinnamon apple crumb bread. That crunchy crumb topping takes this bread to another level of delicious I love apples and have enjoyed apple muffins. Cinnamon apple bread just takes it to a whole other level.
I made this recipe in mini loaves and am thankful that I did. I can freeze the other 2, to enjoy later. These are also great for gifts for the neighbors.
This recipe is an easy way to celebrate Fall or enjoy anytime of the year. Now you need to decide. Will you make your own cinnamon apple bread for yourself, or will you make it for someone else?
What Are The Ingredients For Apple Crumble Bread?
- baking soda & baking powder
- powder sugar
Can I Use Any Type of Apples For This Bread?
Baking apples are best for this recipe. We suggest Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji or something similar in your area. You want a soft baking apple and not an eating apple, so that it breaks down as it cooks.
How Big Should The Apples Be Cut
We cut the apples into 1/2″ pieces. You want small, for easy quick baking. They will also be lighter and not fall to the bottom of your bread. if they are too large, they may sink or not allow the bread to bake completely.
How Thin Is the Dough?
This is a thick dough, it is not runny. It is muffin consistency, and slightly thicker, depending on humidity.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Cinnamon Apple Crumble Bread?
It takes between 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. You will start to smell the bread cooking and keep an eye on it. You can test with a tooth pick for it to come out clear. When it is clear the bread is done. If you bring the bread out too soon, it will fall in the middle and be gooey.
Homemade Cinnamon Apple Crumble Bread
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 apples finely chopped like granny smith, fuji, gala
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Mix the first 3 ingredients and then mix in the butter and buttermilk and apples together.
- In a separate bowl blend the dry ingredients and then add them into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into greased bread pan.
- Three small mini loaves are great for gift giving or one large loaf.
- Mix the crumb topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of the bread.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, tooth pick comes out clean.
- Makes 3 mini loaves or 1 large loaf.