Make Christmas Tree Brownies
Are these Christmas tree brownies just adorable or what? They take making brownies up a notch when making them for Christmas for the perfect holiday treat.
They key is to make extra because once everyone at home sees them, they want one of their own. And the best part of these trees, you can eat one and no one will know one is missing.
These are perfect for school parties, office parties, family festivities. The Christmas brownies are quick, delicious and fun to make with your family. You can use any extra candy canes to make peppermint bark.
What Kind of Brownies Do You Use?
You can use a box or homemade brownies recipe. Whichever is your favorite brownie mix and way to make brownies.
How Do you Make The Brownies Into Triangles?
Use a pie pan to cook your brownies in. We used to cut them into rectangles and then diagonally. This gives you some funky looking triangles. But if you cut them like a slice of pie or pizza, they look more like Christmas trees.
Do You Make Fudgy or Cakey Brownies?
You make the brownies how you like them. It’s your personal preference for this treat.
What Decorations Do You Use for the Trees?
We dyed the frosting green with green food coloring, whatever flavor you want. We use a buttercream or vanilla frosting. Chocolate candies decorate for bulbs and one on top is bigger and yellow for the star. You can also use yellow sanding sugar on top as well.
If you want to make some mint trees, used crushed peppermint and those mini marshmallows.
Be sure to put your peppermint sticks into the brownies while they are cooling or you will have difficulty putting them in.
What Size Pie Pan Do You Use For This Recipe?
We used a regular 9 inch pie pan for this recipe. If you wanted to make tiny trees, you could use a mini pie pan, or don’t fill the pie pan and fill it half way. You will want to use several pie pans.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 brownies cooked in a pie pan
- green frosting
- mini chocolate candies
- candy canes broken into 1 inch pieces
- mini marshmallows
- Cut the brownies into triangles to make a tree shape.
- .Remove the brownies and place a piece of candy cane into the bottom to make the trunk of the tree.
- Don't they just look cute already?Take the green frosting and start at the bottom and zig zag to the top, like you are making garland on the tree.
- Quickly add the mini chocolates to the 'garland' to make the lights. Be sure to put a yellow candy at the top for the star.
- Spinkle mini marshmallows to decorate.
- Place the candy cane in the bottom of the tree for the base.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container to keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out.