Carrot Raisin Muffins
Love carrot cake, but maybe not the frosting? Looking for a healthier alternative? These carrot and raisin muffins might be up your ally.
I made them with and without raisins. That just involved scooping out some muffins before adding the raisins.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 stick softened butter
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup applesauce
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
How to Make Carrot Raisin Muffins:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg .
Then add the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla and raisins, carrots and applesauce.
Next add the carrots and mix until incorporated together.
Place a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each muffin tin and go around again if you have more.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
Tips for Making Muffins:
- Shred your carrots or buy shredded carrots
- Cook a little less time and check with a toothpick, you want them a little moist
- If you don’t like raisins, don’t add them
- Or add raisins to half and reduce amount of raisins used
- We found using cupcake liners with these muffins, tends to dry them out a little to our liking
- Try our other delicious muffin recipes