Sweet Cornbread Muffins
Cornbread and chili are a great pairing, but we also eat this with dinner in muffin form. We have started a tradition of making cornbread muffins when we have holiday meals. These muffins go well with ham or turkey and you won’t find left overs. Because these are sweet cornbread muffins, they offer a slightly sweet taste not found in regular cornbread.
How to Make Sweet Cornbread Muffins
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick melted butter
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add the melted butter and mix again.
Add the egg and milk and blend together.
Spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Pour the mix into the muffin tin, filling each muffin about 3/4 full.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together before adding the wet ingredients
- You can use cupcake liners if you want to keep the clean up down
- Use leftovers for cornbread stuffing
- Set a timer on these, they can brown quickly and over cook
- The batter should be thick as shown in the photo above and not soup
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing from the tin