Easy Green Bark Recipe
If you are looking for an easy and fun recipe to make for your family, this is it. Green bark is so colorful and is a hit whenever we make it. Making peppermint bark is easy and adding green, just makes it festive and fun.
How to Make Peppermint Bark
24 ounces melting chocolates
24 ounces almond bark
2-5 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
30-40 drops green food dye
small cinnamon dot candies
crushed peppermint candy canes
6-8 drops peppermint oil
In a microwave bowl, add the chocolate along with 1 tablespoon of oil.
Put the microwave on 50% power and microwave for 3 minutes, checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
If almost smooth, stir it should all melt together. Add 3-4 drops of peppermint oil, stirring it in.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Smooth out with a spatula into a thin layer.
Sprinkle the peppermint candy cane mix on top of the chocolate.
In another bowl, take the almond bark and add the oil in. Microwave at 50% for 3 minutes, checking every 30 seconds and stirring.
Add in 3-4 drops of peppermint oil and 30-40 drops of green food coloring. Stir well.
Pour over chocolate and peppermint and spread out thinly.
Press in cinnamon candies into bark before it cools all over as desired.
Once cooled, break into small pieces.
Bark Making Tips
- You can adjust the amount of peppermint candy cane and oil to your liking
- You will need to add oil into your almond bark to keep it smooth
- Using older almond bark, may make it
- If you need additional microwave time, add it on in 30 second intervals
- Once you make and lay down the crushed peppermint candy canes, start making the white almond bark
- Add as many or as few cinnamon candies as you want