Delicious Strawberry Ice Cream
Making homemade ice cream allows you to determine what goes into your favorite frozen dessert. You can make fresh strawberry ice cream easily with just 5 ingredients and it’s so delicious.
What Ingredients Are Used To Make Homemade Ice Cream?
We use the following ingredients to make this strawberry ice cream recipe:
- fresh strawberries
- heavy cream
- half and half
- vanilla extract
Do I Need to Use Fresh Strawberries?
Having fresh strawberries on hand may not always be possible (or economical) depending on the time of the year. If you have frozen strawberries, these will be work well too make ice cream. You may want to partially thaw the strawberries so that they are easily pureed in the blender.
Do I Need An Ice Cream Maker?
We have made this recipe before without an ice cream maker and just pouring in a freezer container and placing in the freezer. The ice cream can freeze pretty hard and not easy to scoop. By using an ice cream maker, you are allowing the freezing to happen partially and it’s a better scoopable ice cream.
You can use a blender or food processor to blend the ingredients together. And then use a ice cream maker to freeze the ice cream (we used a Cuisinart ice cream maker)
Does This Recipe Use Eggs?
This is an eggless ice cream and does not require eggs or egg yolks to make.
How Do I Store The Ice Cream?
We use an airtight container that is meant to go in the freezer. It’s made of softer plastic so it won’t break if it’s dropped.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 pound strawberries, washed & stems removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Be sure to have your ice cream maker frozen per the instructions from the manufacturer (ours takes 12-24 hours)
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Place the strawberries into the blender with the sugar.
- Add the heavy cream and blend the berries for 30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla and half and half.
- Blend the mix for 1 minute until the sugar is mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen ice cream maker and prepare to freeze the ice cream.
- Run the ice cream machine until the ice cream is frozen. It will be soft serve consistency, and your machine will start to have difficulty (possibly) churning the ice cream.
- Place the ice cream into the freezer container and place into the freezer to firm up.