Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
Anything in the slow cooker just makes dinner easy. We’ve got a simply flavorful slow cooker pot roast recipe that you will need to add to your family favorites.
Watch our quick video on how we cooked it.
1 beef roast (2-4 lbs)
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 teaspoon pepper
1 lb baby carrots
4-5 potatoes washed, peeled & quartered
16 oz beef stock or 2 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes
Cut the roast in half. Add pepper onto the roast.
Place the roast into the slow cooker and add the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and beef stock.
And the soup mix on top, cover and cook on low.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low, depending on the size of the roast.
Check the roast from time to time to make sure it is cooking (if you can).
Once the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, turn off the slow cooker.
Allow the meat to sit and rest for about 10 minutes, then serve.
- You can use cooked carrots, put them on top or add in 2 hours before end of cooking so they are tender.
- We’ve even just put the carrots in at the beginning because we will forget.
- By cutting the meat in half, it gives the opportunity for the meat to act like 2 pieces and cook quicker.
- Tougher pieces of meat, may need longer to cook. Use a fork to test if it falls apart or is tough when you twist the meat.
- You can substitute water for beef stock.
- When storing leftovers, separate the meat and veggies. Or don’t. Depending on if you are making another meal, it makes that easier.
- We use an oval shaped slow cooker as the meat can be larger than expected.
- Leftovers of this dish are even better than when it was first made. The flavors are absorbed and just make it full of flavor.
Leave a Reply