Every couple weeks, I have been buying brownie bites from the store for my kids lunches. Spending about $7. I have a brownie recipe, why am I not using it to make brownie bites? Because I forgot I could.
It is easy to make your homemade bites using your own mini muffin tin. You can control the amount of sugar your family eats and you can add chocolate chips if you want too make them more chocolaty.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your mini cupcake pan
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt,baking powder and mix.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Place a heaping teaspoon into each mini cupcake section.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (less if you want gooey brownies).
- Check with a toothpick to confirm they are done.
- Allow to cool and serve.
This makes about 12 brownie bites. I double the recipe and have enough for both kids to take them to school for a couple weeks. Freeze them and remove to put in your lunch.
Leave a Reply