Homemade Christmas Pretzel Rods Snack
Pretzel rods are something we have on hand for school snacks or anytime. Whenever there is a reason to make them more festive, you can find me making them a little more fun, like this Christmas pretzel rods snacks. Perfect for a treat to bring to school or a dish to pass at work. They are super inexpensive to wrap up and give as gifts too.
I find dipping my own pretzels in chocolate is inexpensive compared to what you can find in the store. I got the melting wafers half off on sale at the store for about $2.50, the bag of pretzels was .99 and then $7 for the jar of sprinkles. So for about $10 USD, I made around 30 pretzels.
What Type of Pretzels Are Used?
Pretzel rods are sturdy enough for the amount of chocolate and sprinkles. It would be a labor of love if you use the pretzel sticks.
How Do You Display Them?
You could put them in a quart mason jar if you are sharing at a party. If you are giving them as a gift, we’ve shared below a link to put them in individual bags like you find at the store (and these are way below store prices, making them a great gift idea.
Can You Add Flavor Into The Melted Wafers?
You can definitely add a little peppermint into the melted wafters that you are adding to the pretzels. You will want to somehow identify which ones have flavor and which ones do not.
Festive Christmas Pretzels Tutorial
- 12 ounces green chocolate wafers
- 1 bag pretzel rods
- 1 container Christmas sprinkles
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lay out parchment paper or a wire rack for the pretzels to cool on.
- Have a plate ready to dip the pretzels in. If you prefer, you can sprinkle each pretzel instead once dipped.
- In a microwave safe container, melt 1/2 of the wafers with the vegetable oil, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Take the pretzel and dip into the chocolate to coat all but 1 inch of the end. If needed, you can take a spoon and twirl the pretzel in the chocolate to cover it.
- Dip into the sprinkles on the place, coating evenly.
- Place on the parchment paper to cool (you could sprinkle with sprinkles here instead if you don't want to dip in a plate of sprinkles)
- Allow to cool and remove from rack/paper.
- Place into a container and serve at your event!
- Which kind of sprinkles are your favorite?