We your kids love lil’ smokies corn dogs, mini corn dogs and hot dogs, you can mix them all together and make fun mini corn dog muffins.
Corn dogs can sometimes be pricy, so making them yourself (and easily) is a bonus to keep things budget friendly. Make them and pop the extras in the freezer and pull out enough to serve for a snack to make things easy.
Do You Have To Make Muffin Mix?
You can definitely buy a box of corn muffin mix instead of making it, whichever is easiest for you. If you are making corn muffins often, you may want to make your own corn muffin mix.
How Full Do You Fill the Muffin Tins?
You will want to fill the muffin tins half full. They will rise a lot while baking (thank you baking soda) and you don’t want them to over flow the tin. For easy cleaning you can use cupcake liners or spray with non-stick spray.
What Type of Hot Dog Do you Use to Make the Corn Dogs?
We use lil smokies and cut them in half. You can definitely use hot dogs, sausage links or lil smokies. Use what your family will eat. The hot dogs should be cut into 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch pieces and only 1 placed in the muffin tin.
Can You Add Cheese To the Corn Dogs?
Definitely. If you enjoy cheddar cheese, add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to your muffins. If you want to spice them up, add diced jalapenos to your batter.
Making Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 box corn muffins or homemade
- lil smokies/hot dogs/smokey links
- Follow directions on the package of your corn muffins mix (or homemade mix) and preheat the oven.
- Grease/butter your muffin tin (or use cupcake papers) If you don't grease/butter the tins, the corn muffins will stick and be a mess.
- Fill the muffin tin about 1/2 full with the muffin mix.
- Cut the meat into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces and place 2 pieces in each muffin tin.
- Cook the corn muffin per the corn muffin instructions, until the toothpick comes out clean.