Blueberries are super delicious and tasty. Adding lemon adds something to the flavor of the blueberries, making this blueberry lemon muffin recipe magnificent. They are perfectly paired in a little muffin. They are not dried out thanks to having sour cream in the mix!
blueberry lemon muffin recipe
Whether you pick the blueberries yourself or buy them at the store, this is gonna be great recipe to make for your family and friends.
When baking with recipes, I prefer to use frozen blueberries. Otherwise, when you mix the blueberries in, the batter turns purple. If you don’t mind, then use fresh.
What is your favorite way to eat blueberries?
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups flour
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemon’s worth)
1 stick warm melted butter (not hot)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups blueberries (we use frozen to keep the batter from turning purple)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the mini muffin tin or use cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and blueberries and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Next, add the lemon juice.
- Add the melted butter (be sure it is cooled and not hot) and mix into the egg and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Cool.
This will make 24+ mini muffins, depending on the size of your blueberries. Larger blueberries make more muffins because they take up more space!
Now it’s your turn, what’s your favorite recipe that includes blueberries?