Chocolate Fudge Kahlua Cake Recipe
Love chocolate cake? You will want to add this Kahlua cake recipe to your baking list. It’s got a delicious chocolate fudgy taste that is perfect for your next cake bake.
Enjoy for birthdays, holidays and just because it’s Tuesday.
Can You Use A Cake Mix?
You can definitely start with your favorite box cake mix to make your chocolate bundt cake.
If you have a chocolate cake mix or prefer to not pull together your own cake batter, do what works for your family. You can frost the cake with your favorite chocolate frosting or powdered sugar like we did.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Kahlua Cake?
Kahlua Cake is is a chocolate cake that has Kahlua alcohol in it to give a coffee flavor and liquor. It also has chocolate pudding, that gives a delicious flavor.
You will also need:
- chocolate cake mix (like devils food cake)
- vegetable oil
- instant chocolate pudding mix
- powdered sugar
Can I Substitute Anything For Kahlua?
You can substitute strong coffee for Kahlua. If you have espresso, this is even better to use. If you have instant espresso, this works too. And if you only have coffee, make a strong cup of coffee with more coffee than you normally use for a cup of coffee.
How Long Does It Take To Bake A Kahlua Fudge Cake?
We baked our chocolate cake in a bundt pan. It baked for 35 minutes. If you are also making a Kahlua bundt cake, it may take the same amount of time. If you are cooking in an 8×8 pan or a 9×13 pan, the time may vary slightly.
Frosting Chocolate Cake
Before you frost, let your cake cool. You will need to flip the bundt cake out of the pan and let it cool completely before you put powdered sugar on it (other it will disappear onto the cake).
If you have a cake stand, place the cake on it to cool in place for easy frosting later.
You can also make a chocolate frosting and spread or pour (if you are using a cooked frosting or not) onto cake.
Does Kahlua Bake Out Of Cake?
The alcohol does bake out of the cake. What is left is the flavors from the coffee liquor giving a delicious taste to the baked cake.
Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Kahlua Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs at room temp
- 3/4 Kahlua
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- powder sugar for top
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- In a large bowl add the chocolate cake mix.
- Add all the ingredients and mix together well.
- Spray your bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter evenly around the bundt pan.
- Place the bundt pan into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Toothpick should be clean when testing cake to see if it is done.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Flip the bundt pan onto a plate once cool enough to touch.
- Allow the cake to cool before dusting with powdered sugar.
- If you prefer you can frost the cake with your favorite frosting.