If you’re a lemon fan, you will love this lemon poppy seed muffin recipe. The flavor of the lemon combined with the poppy seeds, makes this a tasty muffin. Nothing beats a nice warm and flavorful muffin.
Makes 12 muffins
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
Perfect to give you a zip in your morning, snack in the middle of the day. I love them with a glass of milk and a little pat of butter. If you have a few left over, you can warm them up every morning and eat them warm. So delicious and one of the guys in the houses favorites for me to make.
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 stick softened butter
2/3 cups sugar
Zest from 1 large lemon
juice from 1 large lemon (about 3-4 Tablespoons)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and poppy seeds together and set aside.
Add the butter and sugar and mix and add the eggs
Add the zest, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream.
Once thoroughly mixed, add the flour mixture a little at a time.
Add into muffin tin, sprayed with non-stick spray (or use cupcake liners).
Bake for 25-35 minutes until toothpick is clean when you check.
- Instead of 3 Tablespoons, add 1/4 cup (1 Tablespoon more) of lemon juice and more zest for strong lemon flavor
- The butter needs to be soft or it will melt while baking and pool
- Use cupcake liners to reduce mess on your tin
- You can use fresh lemon juice or lemon juice from a bottle, your choice
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly portion the muffin batter
- Large lemons give more zest and juice. Use 2 if you have smaller lemons
- Try our other muffin recipes