lemon blueberry bread
We love blueberries in many ways. This recipe is perfect combination for lemon blueberry bread. Using fresh lemon juice gives a robust lemon flavor. The blueberries add an additional layer of flavor you can’t resist.
I tend to make this in small loaf pans to enjoy one now and have a few later. Or we give them to family and friends. Wrap them up good and they can be frozen too.
Here’s what you need to do.
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups flour
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemon’s worth)
1 stick warm melted butter (not hot)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the mini loan pans with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and blueberries and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow.
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Next, add the lemon juice.
- Add the melted butter (be sure it is cooled and not hot) and mix into the egg and sugar.
- Add the sour cream and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, eat and enjoy!