Amazing Pork Ribs In Instant Pot
Have you ever forgotten to make dinner or ran late and trying to figure out how you can cook ribs? Same. Thanks to the Instant Pot, we made ribs in Instant Pot dinner fast to get the family fed.
What Kind Of Ribs Do I Need For This Instant Pot Ribs Recipe?
We used pork spare ribs in this recipe. We used an entire rack of ribs. Two racks might have fit, but we only had one.
Can I Put Barbecue Sauce On The Ribs In The Instant Pot?
You can, but it is best to add bbq sauce on the tips after they have cooked. Add the bbq sauce right before putting the ribs in the broiler. Have a side of barbecue sauce on the side in case you want more.
What Rub Do I Use?
If you have a favorite rub, use that for sure. We used the Infidel Pork Rub from Grill Your Ass Off (Use Code THEEATTRAVELLIFE) for 10% OFF your order. It has a delicious spice mixture we wanted and a little bit of a kick to make your lips tingle.
Can I Add Apple Cider Vinegar To The Instant Pot?
If you like that flavor, you certainly can. We used apple juice in place of water for this instant pot ribs recipe. We do add a splash of apple cider vinegar to our bbq sauce (We doctor the sauce with brown sugar/white sugar, mustard, honey and red chili flakes too).
How Long Do You Cook The Ribs In The Instant Pot?
We cooked the ribs in instant pot for 30 minutes on high pressure and allowed them to natural release for about 10 minutes and then released the remaining pressure. The ribs were fall of the bone delicious (and slightly messy coming out of the instant pot)
How Much BBQ Sauce Do I Need?
We use an entire bottle. What you don’t use on the ribs, you can use as a dip when serving. Use your favorite bbq sauce for these fall off the bone ribs.
How Long Do I Cook Ribs Under Broiler?
It doesn’t take long to broil the ribs with the bbq sauce on them. Our ribs took 6 or 7 minutes on the broil setting. The barbecue sauce should be bubbling and then they are done.
Barbecue Pork Ribs | Instant Pot
- rack of pork ribs
- 1 cup apple juice could also use water
- favorite dry rub
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Place ribs on cutting board.
- Take your dry rub seasoning (We used the Infidel Pork Rub from Grill Your Ass Off (Use Code THEEATTRAVELLIFE) for 10% OFF your order. It has a delicious spice mixture we wanted and a little bit of a kick to make your lips tingle.
- Place a good coating of the dry rub on both sides and the ends of the ribs.
- Place the apple juice into the Instant Pot and then place your ribs on their side coiling around, inside the Instant Pot.
- Check to make sure the ribs will fit with the top on. If they don't, use a knife to cut the ribs in half.
- Place the top on the IP and set it on high (we used the meat setting) for 30 minutes and start it.
- Once it is done, allow it to do a natural release for at least 10 minute.
- You can do a quick release after 10 minutes.
- Set the oven temp to broil.
- Remove the ribs and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Take your silicone brush and generously slather barbecue sauce on the ribs. Do not forget to sauce the sides and ends.
- Once the oven is up to temp, place the ribs in the oven and check after 5 minutes.
- Once the ribs are bubbly, it's time to remove them.
- Serve with a side of the remaining barbecue.