Loaded Tater Tot Nachos
If you love nachos, you’ll want to try loaded tater tot nachos. Or as we call them, totchos. You can load them up with all your favorites and enjoy with a fork or get your fingers dirty and dig in.
Can You use Frozen Tater Tots?
Definitely can use frozen tater tots.
Loaded Tater Tot Nachos Ingredients
You will need:
- Crispy tater tots
- medium cheddar cheese slices (they get better coverage)
- chili (we’ve also used taco meat)
- sour cream (optional)
- jalapenos (optional)
- cubed tomatoes (optional)
- pico de gallo (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Tips to Make Totchos
It’s important to have crispy tater tots. We have found cooking them until a delicious golden brown helps with the toppings. If you have an air fryer, this works well, or cook them in your oven at 400F.
Shredded cheese does not work best. We use slices of cheese as they melt like a warm blanket and get all the places on the nachos, coating them evenly. If you must, shredded will work, coat well.
How Many Tater Tots Do You Need?
Depends on how many people you are feeding. This recipe is flexible in amounts as you can control to your tastes and the amount needed. Decide how many you would want to eat and multiply it by the number of people who will be eating them.
Can You Use Nacho Cheese Sauce?
You could use Nacho cheese sauce, but I would not put it back into the oven. The oven may further liquify the nacho cheese sauce. I suggest putting down a layer of cheese slices and then one you have melted, you can add your cheese sauce or have it on the side for toppings.
Can I Do A Totcho Bar?
Definitely can do a nacho bar with all your favorite toppings (sour cream, lettuce, nacho cheese, chopped tomatoes, black olives, onions, pickled jalapeños, crispy bacon, pico de gallo, salsa, refried pinto beans, black beans and pre shredded cheese to name a few).
Cheesy Totchos – 2 Ways!
You can make these tater tot nachos with chili (with bean or not) and you could make with taco meat. If you want a vegetarian option, don’t add the meat and add your favorite veggies.
Can I Just Add Meat?
We’ve used left over taco meat. You can use ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey if you want. I would suggest seasoning the team with something like taco seasoning to add some flavor to the meat.
Have you made tater tot nachos totchos before?
Easy Tater Tot Nachos | Totchos
- Tater Tots
- Medium Cheddar Slices
- Chili can used ground turkey, ground chicken or ground feed (all seasoned)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Chopped Tomatoes (optional)
- Chopped Onions (optional)
- Black Olives (optional)
- Crispy Bacon (optional)
- Pico de gallo (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Refried Beans (optional)
- Black Beans (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Place a layer of tater tots on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake the tater tots until they are crispy brown. If you have an air fryer, cook the tater tots in there until they are crisp (no foil).
- Once the tater tots are crispy, remove from the oven/air fryer.
- Place a single layer of cheese slices on top of the tater tots and place back in oven/air fryer until cheese is melted. (about 4-5 minutes)
- Remove tray and place your chili on top of the cheese. You can also add your black beans or pinto beans as well.
- Add another layer of cheese slices and place back in to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted, you can remove and serve and top with your favorite toppings.