Easily Make Hard Boiled Eggs
When my slow cooker died after 6 months of owning it, I decided to invest in an instant pot. I’m so glad I did. The first thing I made, were hard boiled eggs. So easy. So fast. The eggs were perfect. They peeled beautifully and I was able to make deviled eggs.
What is the 5-5-5 Way to Make Hard Boiled Eggs?
In the Instant Pot, it’s 5 minutes on high pressure, 5 minutes before quick release and cooling 5 minutes in ice water bath.
What is the Secret to Easy Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs?
We have found that eggs that are 2 weeks old are easier to peel. If you are getting them from the grocery store, you are find. But farm fresh, should be 2 weeks old.
Do You Need To Keep the Eggs Refrigerated?
The eggs should be kept in the fridge until you are ready to use them.
Can You Keep Peeled Eggs in the Fridge?
Yes, but do not keep them in there long. The eggs will take on the smells of the fridge. This can alter the taste of the eggs. Store them in an airtight container to keep them from absorbing other flavors/smells.
5 Minute Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- bowl with ice water to hold eggs
- In your Instant Pot, put the steam trivet and water in the pot. Add the eggs onto the trivet and seal the Instant pot.
- Cook the eggs for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- Once done, let the IP sit for 5 additional minutes and then quick release the pressure.
- Carefully place the eggs in the ice water (I used a ladle spoon to remove them because they are so hot). Let them cool for 5 minutes. Add more ice if needed.
- Begin peeling the eggs. I prefer to tap them on the counter once and start peeling. Run under water as needed to remove the shell.