Amazing Triple Berry Cobbler
Do you love cobbler? Got a few berries of many different kinds, but not enough to make a dessert with them? You can make a triple berry cobbler (or quad berry) and you’ve got an easy dessert done.
This mixed berry cobbler recipe is perfect to take all your leftover berries (fresh or frozen berries) and place into a pan and make a beautiful medley dessert. Top with a little vanilla ice cream. Warm up to enjoy.
Can You Use Frozen Fruit?
Fresh or frozen can be used. We have used blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. If you have another berry, you can use it. You may need to adjust the sugars in your dish, depending on the berry tartness. We used frozen strawberries, so that they broke down quicker when baking. You can use all frozen berries if you want.
How Is This Dessert Served?
You would serve the mixed berry cobbler when warm (or room temperature) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whipped cream is also a good addition as well. And it’s good in a bowl all to itself as well.
What Is The Difference Between A Cobbler And A Crisp?
A crisp recipe uses more oatmeal and little flour and no milk. A cobbler recipe will use flour and no oatmeal. You can bake both in an 8×8 baking dish and serve warm.
What Is The Topping Made Of?
Indulge in the cozy goodness of our easy-to-make triple berry cobbler. Packed with berries, grab a spoon and savor the ultimate berry bliss! The baking powder lets is rise and fill the nooks and crannies of the berries.
Mixed Berry Cobbler Dessert
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven 400F
- Add the berries and 1/2 cup sugar and corn starch together in a bowl and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pour the berry mix into an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mixing together the 2 Tablespoon sugars on all other ingredients.
- Stir everything together into a nice batter.
- Place dollops over the mixed berries, covering most of them.
- Place into the oven and allow to bake from 30-35 minutes.
- Top should be golden brown and the berries should be bubblying.
- Allow to sit and cool before serving. It can be ate warm, but it will be bubbling after baking and needs to sit to set up a bit.
- Serve with or without a little ice cream.