Easy Caramel Sauce
Just 3 ingredients and you have a delicious, scrumptious and easy caramel sauce. This is perfect on top of ice cream, in coffee, drizzled on coffee and on top of your favorite dessert.
This recipe makes about 2 cups of sauce.
2 sticks butter (we use salted)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
heat safe container
In a pot (at least 3 quarts), slightly bigger is good too, add all the ingredients.
On medium heat stir until the butter is melted.
Continue to stir the sauce to keep from burning in the pot.
The mix will start to bubble and boil and rise in the pan, continue to stir for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour into heat safe container.
Allow to cool or use immediately.
As the caramel sauce cools, it will become thicker/solid.
You can quickly heat this in the microwave for 10-20 seconds (depending on size of the container) and it will liquify.
- It will melt quicker if the butter is soft
- You can substitute half and half for heavy cream, wont be as rich tasting
- We use salted butter for salted caramel taste, you can use unsalted if desired
- You need a larger pan as the mixture will rise in the pan and you don’t want it to overflow
- Keep the sauce in the fridge in a container with a lid
- If you just warm up the sauce and not get it hot, it will thicken/harden a bit on your dessert for a bit of texture
Leave a Reply