Homemade Crispy Waffles
Looking for a sweet and crispy waffle that is just the best? You need to make this recipe. I took my favorite waffle recipe and modified it after watching a Belgian Waffle maker share some tips on a TV show. Now my family loves these waffles more.
Read the recipe (and tips) below to make your own delicious crispy waffles.
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cups milk
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla
How to Make Waffles
Heat up your waffle maker.
In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
Add the egg, milk and vanilla. While mixing the milk will get bubbly. This is ok, you are getting some air into the mix. We mix about 2 minutes.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix.
Pour in the melted butter and mix.
Add the syrup and mix gently until combined.
Let the waffle batter set for a few minutes to allow the baking powder to bubble and add air into the mix.
Add in enough mix into the waffle maker to make a waffle (my waffle maker takes about 3/4 cup per waffle)
Cook approximately 3 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove and repeat until all crispy waffles are made.
Serve with butter, maple syrup or fresh fruit.
Want to take your recipe up a notch? Add a few pieces of bacon into the batter, on the waffle maker. You can add a bit of batter, bacon and the rest of the batter to cook the bacon into the waffle. It tastes so good and is full of flavor.
Serve with hash brown casserole.
Tips for Making Breakfast
- It is important to let the batter sit for a few minutes to let the baking powder to activate.
- Read the directions on how much batter your waffle maker can use, to avoid a mess.
- The butter should be melted, and cooled slightly when added into the batter.
- You can use sugar free syrup, but use your favorite syrup in the batter.
- The waffle batter will be a little thicker, that is what you want.
- This recipe makes 5-6 crispy waffles on our waffle maker, using 3/4 cup of batter for each.