Homemade Corned Beef Hash
Do you make cabbage and corned beef and end up with leftovers? You can make your own corned beef hash easily and for little cost.
This is a great recipe to make ahead and heat up when you want to serve.
We cook light with onions, you can add more if you like.
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
2 cups hash browns
1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 Tablespoons butter
In a skilled melt butter and add the onions.
Once the onions are translucent, add the rest of the ingredients.
If you have frozen potatoes, you will want to put them in first and cover to thaw, then add everything else.
Allow the has to warm up.
Press the hash together and cook on medium low heat. Cover and allow to brown.
Once browned, flip and cover again, allowing to brown.
Once browned to your liking, plate and serve.
- If you don’t have enough left over potatoes, use frozen cubed or make your own cubes from microwaved potatoes
- Carrots are optional
- Play with the ratio of potatoes to beef to your liking
- Season while cooking and season again after to your liking
- Save time by prepping your meat, onions and potatoes and into portions you would cook and freeze
- You can also cook all the corned beef hash and freeze in portions and heat up when you want to enjoy
- Let the hash cook slowly and brown, no need to stir often, just don’t let it burn.
- If you like this, you may like our hash brown casserole recipe.