You can take ordinary brownies and make them fun and awesome. Turn your scare on and make your brownies, graveyard brownies. Perfect for Halloween parties and school events. Who doesn’t love taking their brownies to that next level of fun!
How Do You Make Tombstone Brownies?
These are the perfect spooky treat to take your kids Halloween party. The look on the kids faces as they see the tombstones and the bones in the ‘graveyard’. We took chessman cookies and sprayed them with edible gray glitter to make them look more like tombstones.
How Are These Different From Regular Brownies?
The decorations amplify the brownies. You can also use your favorite brownie mix if you prefer. We did not mix any hard candy’s into the brownies. All the decorations are scene on top.
Can I Use A Brownie Mix?
Definitely. Whatever is quick and easy for you. Decorating them like a graveyard is what makes them fun.
Do I Need To Frost Them?
You do not need to frost them if you don’t want to. You could take a fork gently over the top and break it up to look like disturbed dirt if you want.
We decorated the cookies with fairy dust edible glitter in a gray color. Be sure to put parchment paper down and expect to have a little dust flying in the air too.
When Can I Decorate the Brownies?
Wait until the brownies have cooled, but the frosting is still wet. You won’t have to worry about cracks in the frosting if you do it this way. The decorations will also set into the frosting and not move around.
Tombstone Graveyard Brownies
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- mini chessman cookies
- Halloween sprinkles
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 pan.In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and mix.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.Spread the batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (less if you want gooey brownies).
- Check with a toothpick to confirm it is done and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and allow them to melt. Spread with a knife into a think layer on top.
- Spray the cookies with gray glitter (optional)
- Put the cookies in the brownies in random areas and add holiday sprinkles, worms to the top of the brownies.