Easy Cheese Beer Bread Recipe
Once you have had cheese beer bread, you realize it is something special. The crispy outer crush and the delicious cheese inside.
We made a loaf recently and I think it pairs well with our bacon potato soup. Cut it up and serve it as croutons in your soup too. We enjoy making it with a lager beer for a lot of deeper beer flavor.
No additional yeast is needed as the lager has the yeast you need for the bread to rise. This will be a dense bread, not a light and fluffy loaf.
Recipe makes 1 loaf of bread.
Can I Use Alcohol Free Beer to Make Beer Bread?
Absolutely. The alcohol free beer still has carbonation. And you need the carbonation to leaven the bread. The beer also has flavor too, so pick a flavor you like and make your bread!
What is In Self-Rising Flour?
Self-Rising Flour has flour, baking powder and salt. You do not need to add salt into your recipe. You can also use unsalted butter when serving (or salted).
Cheese Beer Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf pan
- non-stick spray
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 12 ounce bottle of lager beer
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven 350F.
- In a large bowl add the self rising flour and sugar and mix.
- Add the cheddar cheese (we like sharp cheddar) and mix throughout the flour.
- Pour the beer over the flour and mix well.
- Spray your loaf pan with non-stick spray and pour the dough into the pan, evening out in the pan.
- Bake the bread for 50-60 minutes, checking with a toothpick and that it comes out dry.
- Remove from the loaf pan and allow to cool.
What Kind of Beer Can I Add to My Bread?
You can add any type of beer you have on hand. The more flavorful beer, the more flavor you will have in your bread. We used a lager, as it’s got a deeper flavor.
What Can I Add to Instead of Beer to Bread?
If you don’t want beer in your bread, but want to make a quick leavening bread, you can use club soda or seltzer water.
What Kind of Cheese Is Used In Cheese Bread?
We use a sharp cheddar as it adds another level of flavor that is bold in the recipe. You can use parmesan cheese on top, but use your favorite shredded cheddar cheese.
Do You Need To Let the Bread Rise Before Baking?
No. You do not need to let the bread rise. You can place it evenly in the bread pan and then place the pan in the oven and bake.
What Do You Serve With Beer Bread?