Italian Turkey Burger Recipe
Thanks to Red Gold for sending me their Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano to turn this turkey burger recipe into a taste of Italy recipe. This is a great Zesty Italian tasting recipe for a moist and delicious burger.
Add this to your perfect Summer menu and our other Summer favorites.
Can I Grill Turkey Burgers?
From our experience, turkey burgers are difficult to put on a slotted grill. We attempted this and they fell apart. We also tried aluminum foil (which needs to be oiled) over the grill and it was difficult. Having the burger on a hard flat surface worked best for us.
How Can I Keep These Burgers From Falling Apart?
Although we did not try this, I think the meat needs a binder, like an egg. We did not try this because it would start to make it a meatloaf. With that said, when we make turkey meatloaf, we have no problem with turkey staying together.
Can I Freeze Turkey Burgers?
You can freeze turkey burgers. If you are freezing them uncooked, make sure you remove any excess moisture so that the patties are as firm as possible to stay together while cooking.
How Do I Keep My Burgers From Being Dry?
Don’t add to much bread crumbs to your burgers. If you do, add a little water to bind the ingredients together.
What Sides Pair With These Burgers?
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14.5 oz can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Basil, drained well
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese slices
- Before you start, note that this burger is not as firm has beef burger. You will want to cook these patties on a flattop grill or in a pan to keep them from crumbling.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey and can of dice tomatoes bread crumbs.
- Form into patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan on medium heat.
- Place in the pan and cook until it is cooked to 160F for a completely cooked burger.
- Add the cheese once the burger is almost cooked and allow to melt on the burger.
- Left overs recipe: Take the left over burgers and chop them up and put into spaghetti or make turkey chili!