Easy Sunday Pot Roast | Instant Pot
Wanting to eat a home, but not a lot of time to be in the kitchen? We pull out the Instant Pot to do the work to make pot roast. Add your favorite veggies and let the pot do the work.
2-3 lb beef roast, thawed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped carrots
4-5 cubed potatoes
1-2 cups beef stock
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
2 cups tomato juice
1 packet onion soup mix
Turn your Instant Pot on to the meat setting. Add the olive oil and then the roast.
Cut the roast into 2 pieces.
Sear the roast on both sides.
Add the pepper, salt and garlic powder.
Add the onion soup mix and then the tomato juice and beef stock.
Place washed and cubed the carrots and potatoes into the pot.
Secure lid onto the Instant Pot and press the meat/stew button and start.
Allow the Instant Pot to cook and natural release on it’s own.
Serve with your favorite rolls.
Leftovers make a great veggie beef soup.
- The pot roast needs to be thawed to properly cook and become tender
- Cutting the roast into pieces, allows it to cook faster
- You can use tomato juice or sauce
- If you don’t have an onion soup packet, you can chop a onion up instead for flavor
- You can use chicken broth or water instead of beef broth
- You can add your favorite vegetables