Apple Spice Cake
If you love a spice cake, you can take it to another level with just a few ingredients. We’ve taken a box cake mix and turned it into delicious apple spice cake, perfect for the holidays or any time of the year.
Turn an ordinary box take up a notch with just 3 ingredients (optional caramel).
Can I Use Sugar Free/Low Sugar Apple Pie Filling?
You can use whatever can of apple pie filling you want. We even have canned our our pie filling and used it. If you don’t have apple pie filling, you could substitute apple sauce.
What Are the Best Apples for Baking?
Apples that soften when cooked are best for baking. Granny Smith apples soften well as do Gala, Fuji, Cortland and Jonathan. You don’t want to use an eating apple like red delicious.
Can I Use A Carrot Cake For This Recipe?
Definitely! This recipe can be modified to your tastes. It is a spice cake, but with carrots. Use a dark chocolate cake and a can of cherry pie filling if you want.
Can You Microwave The Cake?
Yes, you would need to have a silicone bundt cake mold. It microwaves for 12 minutes. Once the cake breaks away from the side, it should be done.
Easy Apple Spice Cake
- 1 box spiced cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 can apple pie filling
- caramel for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix and eggs.
- Add the can of apple pie filling and mix.
- Stir all together until incorporated well.
- Take a bundt cake pan and spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake pan.
- You could also put into mini bundt cake pans as well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clear.