Easy Candy Corn Popcorn Recipe
Looking for a way to enjoy your candy corn besides right from the bag? Consider making candy corn popcorn. This Halloween treat is a great snack for your Halloween party, school snack or Fall treat.
What Kind of Popcorn is Used?
Because it’s a time saver, we used buttered microwave popcorn to make ours. You can also used kettle corn or air popped popcorn. In using the microwave popcorn, butter flavor, it gave the yellow coloring to the recipe. You can use salty popcorn if that is something you like as well.
How Long Does Candy Corn Popcorn Last?
Not very long if you love candy corn! If you are looking to make it ahead of time, it can last 1-2 weeks in an airtight bag. Popcorn can go stale, so use caution when making ahead of time.
Can you Melt Candy Corn?
Yes you can. It requests some liquid, we use water, to liquify it and a tall microwaveable container as it boils when it is melting.
Take It Up a Notch
If you want to add a little more to your candy corn, melt white chocolate. You can drizzle it over the popcorn and add your favorite Fall sprinkles. I would suggest using jimmie sprinkles as they are soft and would not be a shocking hard crunch while eating popcorn.
Spread the sweet popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so that it can set. Once set you can put it in an airtight container for serving later.
Candy Corn Popcorn for Halloween
- 1 bag popped bag of popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the popped corn into a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the candy corn and water.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Microwave another 30 seconds if needed.
- This will bubble, so make sure the bowl is tall.
- Stir the candy corn and water together and don't worry if there are a few chunks, bonus candy corn!
- Pour the melted candy corn over the popcorn and stir.
- You can then spread it out on a baking sheet with parchment paper and allow to cool.
- Serve with additional candy corn mixed into the popcorn.