Easy Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
We have taken whole chickens and cooked them in our slow cooker, or used rotisserie chicken leftovers to make this recipe. You can use any leftover chicken you have to make this delicious barbecue chicken sandwich. We have been known to cook a chicken, just to make this too. No shame.
You can even freeze into family servings and pull out and make barbecue chicken, for a quick and easy meal.
This is perfect to make ahead of time and warm up as it gets more flavor, the longer it sits in the barbecue sauce.
Two cups of shredded chicken will get you about 2 barbecue sandwiches. If you have additional chicken, you can make chicken soup.
What is the Best Way To Pick Chicken?
You will want to allow the chicken to cool before removing the chicken from your rotisserie chicken. Start with the legs, the wings and remove the meat from the chicken. The breast meat can removed whole or in pieces.
What is the Best Way to Shred Chicken?
Place the chicken in a large bowl. You can use 2 forks to shred the chicken. If you have a lot of chicken, you can use your hand mixer and shred it quickly. It may become your favorite way to shred chicken.
Easy Barbecue Chicken | Left over Meals
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken (shredded & boneless)
- Your Favorite Barbecue Sauce
- Hamburger Buns
- With medium heat, place a sauce pan on the stove and take the shredded chicken and add some barbecue sauce.
- You will want to stir to see if it have enough. You do not want the chicken to be swimming in barbecue sauce, but you will want enough to know it's barbecue.
- When making about 2 cups of shredded chicken, we used almost a full 16 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Heat the chicken up and allow to bubble slightly. Maintain a warming heat.
- You want the barbecue sauce to infuse and be absorbed into the chicken.
- Place a generous amount of barbecue chicken on your hamburger bun and enjoy.