Homemade Breakfast Burritos
Whether you are on the go or in need to save money and eat breakfast at home, breakfast burritos are a perfect meal. You can customize the burritos with your favorite ingredients and enjoy a homemade breakfast.
We’ve made these with a few ingredients, but you can certainly add additional ingredients to your own taste.
cooked hash browns
shredded cheddar cheese
Place a piece of tinfoil down and then set a tortilla down on top of the foil
Add 1/2 cup of hash browns onto the tortilla.
Pour about 1 eggs worth of scrambled eggs on the burrito.
Add the strip of bacon, broken into 2-3 pieces.
Pour 2 Tablespoons of cheese on top.
Add salt & pepper to your taste.
Fold the ends of the burrito in and then roll the burrito closed, putting the seems down.
Fold the tin foil over the burrito and write the date and ingredients of the burrito.
Repeat the process.
If you wanted to add ham, mushrooms, onions or peppers, you can do this as well. Cook the ingredients, so that they are not raw, and will easily warm up when the frozen burrito is microwaved.
Have extras? Make a little hash brown casserole.
Serving the Burritos
To serve the burritos, remove from the foil and place on a plate.
Microwave for 1 – 1.5 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage.
Our microwave is 1200 watts and 1 minute 10 seconds warmed up the burrito till it was hot.
- We baked a pound bag of southern style hash browns on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- All the ingredients are cooked (prior to assembly)
- We cooked a pound of bacon (some burritos had 2 slices of bacon in them.
- This recipe used 10 – 10″ tortillas
- We used 5 eggs and 2 tablespoons of butter to make the scrambled eggs.
- only 5 burritos had scrambled eggs
- Use about 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheddar per burrito.
- Our cheddar was a 3 cheddar blend.
- Make only a weeks worth of burritos, so you are not over making (and getting bored) of burritos.
- MARK your burritos, so you know what is in them. And put a date on them.
- These do not have a lot of spice in them, but you can spice them up if you want.
Leave a Reply