These banana split cupcakes are so divine. You wouldn’t know they were made from a box cake. So many flavors are included to make them a family favorite.
Note: These are a cupcake you decorate, just before serving. Recipe makes about 18 cupcakes
Banana Split Cupcakes
This is a great way to take a box cake and take it up several notches into a fabulous cupcake. No baking soda or baking powder are needed as the cake mix already contains it!
I made these just playing around with the extra fruit we had in the kitchen. I found them to be amazing. They did not last long and our bellies were very happy from eating a couple each.
Use your left over bananas for banana monkey tails and banana cream pie.
Are These Cupcakes Easy to Make?
Yes. You start with a cake mix (box mix) and add a few ingredients and then you have perfect cake batter to bake and add a delicious maraschino cherry on top.
Use cupcake liners to make cleaning the cupcake pan easy to wash.
Do You Need Ripe Bananas?
Definitely need to have ripe bananas for making these. You do not need a mashed banana, but a slice of a banana for this recipe.
How Much Coconut Do You Need To Toast?
We tend to eat some of it after it’s toasted, but you need around a cup to use for the recipe.
Can You Make These Cupcakes in Advance?
The whipped cream should only be applied right before serving. It will go flat (especially if you use the kind from a can).
Also the banana inside the cupcake will get softer as the days go by, so they should be eaten rather quickly or frozen.
Can We Add Chocolate Drizzle?
Definitely. You can add strawberry drizzle or chocolate drizzle. Use a chocolate vanilla swirl cake batter for the cupcakes.
Best Banana Split Cupcakes
- 1 yellow box cake
- 1 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium banana
- whipped cream (can or tub)
- toasted coconut
- maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to temperature on the box.
- Take your box cake and add the eggs and crushed pineapple and water.
- Place the cupcake liner in the tray or spray the cupcake tray.
- Add 1 tablespoon of batter into the tray for each cupcake.
- Take the banana, peel and cut 1/2" to 1 inch pieces and place into the middle of the cupcake batter in each cupcake.
- Take the left over batter and cover the banana with batter. (I filled the cupcake liner to the top)
- Bake the cupcakes per the instructions on the box or until they test done with a toothpick.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, give them a good dollop of whipped cream and spread around.
- Sprinkle or roll the cupcake into the toasted coconut and top with a maraschino cherry.
Leave a Reply