3 Bean Chili
This is a delicious, beautiful and colorful 3 bean chili. It is perfect for those super bowl parties and on cold nights.
I love adding cheddar cheese or Colby cheese into my chili with some saltines or cheese crackers.
When you make chili, you may want to double the recipe. I sometimes double the recipe so we have lots of leftovers so I can freeze and eat it later, without having to cook! Doubling up on cooking makes making dinner at home easier.
When you make your chili what beans do you put in it? Or do you not put beans in at all?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can black bleans
- 1 can navy beans
- 1/8 chili powder or to taste)
- 1 jar of tomato juice or stewed tomatos
- In a pot (I used dutch oven pot, cook the ground beef until it is fully cooked, chopping into small pieces and add into the tomotoes and cook on medium heat.
- Open the cans of beans and drain in a colandar.
- Add the beans,chili beans into the pan and stir.
- Add in more chili powder (again to taste).
- Put the cover on and let it simmer.
- The longer it cooks, the more incorporated the flavor will be.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream or your favorite chili garnish.