Homemade Cherry Popsicles
Cherry popsicles are a family favorite. You cake take fresh fruit and mix it together with delicious cream. Giving you a delicious creamy popsicle to enjoy on a warm day.
By making them yourself, you control how much sugar you and your family are eating, not to mention it saves money by doing it yourself! You cam make other fruit popsicles, like strawberry too.
Can You Use Greek Yogurt Instead of Heavy Cream?
You can. The mixture will be thicker, so you may want to add a little milk if it does not pour well.
Can You Substitute Heavy Cream for Half and Half?
If you don’t like the taste from heavy cream (it can leave a film on your tongue), you can reduce the amount of fat by using half and half instead.
Can Coconut Milk be Used to Make Popsicles?
Yes. If you have a milk allergy or preference to a certain kind of milk, use coconut milk or almond milk. There may be a difference in how it freezes and may not be a smooth. Be sure to shake up the coconut milk before using it.
Can Ice Cream Be Made from This Cherry Popsicles Mix?
Yes. If you don’t have enough ice pop containers, you can freeze the ice cream into a freezer container and enjoy it as ice cream.
If you have leftover cherries, use them to make smoothies and cherry muffins.
Homemade Cherry Cream Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh/frozen cherries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a blender or your mixer and add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Seal and blend to mix the sugar and cream thoroughly until sugar dissolves.
- Add in frozen cherries.
- Put the top on and spin it for 15-30 seconds
- Place the mixture into a popsicle molds and allow to freeze).
- Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles and pour more in if needed and place the top on.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set up over night.
- You may need to run the popsicle molds under water to remove from the container.