I love banana bread, but sometimes, it’s easier to enjoy a banana muffin. They are perfectly portioned and perfect on the go.
If you have ripe bananas, its time to make muffins or freeze the bananas until you are ready to make delicious muffins.
How to Make Banana Muffins
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed bananas
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar and stir.
Add the eggs, bananas and lemon juice and mix.
Add the flour and baking powder (and optional walnuts) and mix until combined.
Butter the pans or spray with cooking spray.
Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling just to the top.
Put walnuts on the top of the muffin if you have extra
and bake until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Cooking time is about 20-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- The muffins will rise so don’t over fill unless you want huge muffins
- If you have people who don’t like nuts, you can use half the batch without; then add the nuts to the rest of the batter and mark them with nuts on the top to tell the difference
- Freeze the muffins and put them in the microwave to eat and enjoy
- We use 2-3 bananas versus measuring out the exact amount of banana
- Serve with a bat of butter and warmed in the microwave
- You can still enjoy your banana bread too