How to Make Lasagna with Meatballs
Looking for a lasagna recipe that will use a few shortcuts and keep all the flavor? This is the perfect recipe for you. We are making lasagna with meatballs, keeping the flavor, but saving time in the kitchen.
We made a small casserole dish (9×13) of lasagna, it feeds 4 people. You can double this recipe if you want a large pan of lasagna, or one to eat now and one to enjoy later. See our video below too.
5 Italian meatballs (cooked)
lasagna noodles that don’t require boiling
24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce (we use sweet basil)
2 cups Italian blend cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese (we used 3 variety blend of cheddar cheese)
How to Make Lasagna With Meatballs
Preheat the oven to 425F.
If not done already, crumble the meatballs either with a fork or a food processor.
Pour a small amount of sauce onto the bottom of the casserole dish, enough to just cover. Heat the remaining amount of the sauce in a pan with the crumbled meatballs.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the sauce.
Place a layer of lasagna noodles down, add half the meatball sauce over the noodles and spread evenly.
Add 1/2 the Italian cheese blend.
Repeat the layers of noodles and meat sauce.
Add 1/2 the cheddar cheese evenly over meat sauce and sprinkle on Italian seasoning.
At this point of casserole dish was full, we added 1 more layer of noodles on top of the meat/cheese.
Add the remaining cheese evenly covering the noodles.
Place the meatball lasagna into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow the lasagna to sit for 5 -10 minutes before serving (this lets it cool down enough to eat).
- Our meatballs were about 1 1/2 – 2 inches in size.
- Use oven ready lasagna noodles, to make this dish super easy and quick to make.
- To chop the meatballs finely, use a food processor.
- Want a chunky meat, use a fork for larger pieces of meatballs.
- We don’t have a measurement for the Italian seasoning because we sprinkle lightly over each layer.
- Use a little water to clean the sauce out of the jar of sauce.