What it’s like to drive the 2019 Honda Odyssey
On a recent trip to Branson Missouri, I got to road trip with Becky from Week99er. We were provided the 2019 Honda Odyssey Elite for our road trip. Who knew that roadtripping could be so easy when you have the right vehicle.
Here are are my top reason why the 2019 Honda Odyssey was perfect for our road trip:
1. Navigation – We got lost. A few more times than we’d like to admit. The Honda Odyssey has a GPS system to help to determine where you are. You click on where am I and you are shown where you are. Yes, we had to do this.
- It tells you where you are.
- It keeps a history of where you have been to use again, making it quicker to program.
- You are shown how long it will take to arrive to your destination.
- If there is traffic ahead, it tells you! The car tells you it can reroute you and save time. Yes please! You are then routed around slow traffic.
Honda Odyssey Interior
2. Comfort – Becky is tall (5’11), I’m not tall (5’3″). As we took turns driving this was not a problem. We were both comfortable in the van on the driver and passenger sides. There are so many features this van had to make driving comfortable and easy.
- The driver’s seat saves 2 settings, making it easy to switch drivers with a push of a button.
- There were enough cup holders to hold our drinks. We needed to stay hydrated.
- The Wi-Fi (yes it has wi-fi), which is a creature comfort for us tech gals.
- there is a charger for your phone on the console too.
- It’s easy to connect to the wi-fi.
- Becky felt pampered with the heated steering wheel too.
- We had our own climate zone temperatures. We could do fire and ice depending on our own comfort needs.
- Heated seats were appreciated as the weather temps were getting cold (the seats can also cool).
- We connected a phone to the radio and listened to our own tunes, and they sounded amazing through the speaker system.
- In the second row, there was climate controls for the rear passengers to control themselves! Perfect!
- We enjoyed listening to the Sirius XM and never had to find a channel.
3. Safety – There is so much safety built into this vehicle.
- When driving if you veer out of your lane, the steering wheel gently vibrates.
- A sound is made if you go to change lanes and another vehicle is in your blind spot.
- When you back up, you get this awesome back up camera to help you back up. I love this!
- Rain sensing wipers! A little surprising at first, but an awesome feature to have.
- Adaptive cruise control – it didn’t allow us to get to close to vehicles while driving, keeping us safe.
- Messages are displayed in the instrument panel too, for easy reading.
- You have to press on the brake to start the vehicle.
- You will need to press on the brake to put it in gear.
4. Space– There was so much room in this van. We picked up 3 other adults on route to our destination. Sounds scary right? All our luggage fit in the back, near the hatch.
- The storage in the back is deep and allows for a lot of cargo. We had 5 suitcases and miscellaneous bags of ‘stuff’ back there.
- One adult napped next to the water and snacks in the 3rd row seats.
- Two others sat in the captain style chairs in the 2nd row (we had one seat removed to make it easier to get in and out). It was fabulous.
- I had plenty of legroom. Becky did to, she’s the tall one remember.
- We had a console in the middle up front, that had a lot of space to hold those things you need, but not all the time. Like my dinosaur and some cords and items we bought at one of our stops.
- In front of the console, there was enough room to have my purse sit on the floor, keeping it out of the way.
Why this mom loved the 2019 Honda Odyssey Elite
5. Mom love – As a mom, I have lots of love for this vehicle and could totally see myself owning one.
- There are 2 rows of seating in the back. Your kids could potentially not have to sit next to each other. I could have a kid in each row!
- There is an intercom that allows you to project your voice to the back of the van. It allows the people in the back row to hear you.
- There is a camera in the back. You can see what is happening in the back of the van, INSIDE the van. You can see who is touch what and causing problems.
- There are dual sliding doors. No one has to climb over another person.
- You can take out one of the seats in the 2nd row AND then the remaining seats can slide to make room!
- DVD – You can have the kids watch movies in the back!
- There were chargers in the back so no cords running from the front of the car to the back to charge the devices.
- I could keep my keys in my purse! You don’t need a key to start the van. Though it needs to be in the car to move.
6. Tech – We were a car full of cell phones and computers, and cameras. This car did not disappoint.
- Everyone was able to connect to the Odyssey’s Wi-Fi.
- We had enough charging ports to keep everyone’s electronics charged.
- If we had brought a movie, we could have watched it on the DVD player.
- From the 3rd row, we connected a phone via bluetooth to the radio and were able to play tunes. No need to be up front and connected!
- Push-button start.
- The navigation system was perfect at giving directions, even when we didn’t listen.
The 2019 Honda Odyssey was a car I would definitely consider purchasing. It would fit my families needs. It was was also perfect for traveling cross county. We only needed to stop for gas and food. The van had every comfort to make the trip easy.
What features do you need in your Honda Odyssey?