Earth Day is celebrated every year. But you don’t have to recognize it just one day a year. There are some many things you can do to make every day Earth Day. Small changes can help the environment and the planet. I’ve partnered with Thirty-One Gifts to share ways my family has changed our habits to reduce our carbon footprint.
how to make every day Earth Day
1. Turn in recycle
- Find out where your local recycling center is and what items they will take.
- Get a bin (or 2) and sort and clean your items
- Return plastic bags from the store, to the stores
2. Meal plan
- Make meals at home versus stopping for fast food. You will more than likely have leftovers. This will also safe you money on your budget as prepared foods cost more.
tips to recycle more
3. Re-purpose what you have
- Reuse boxes to store holiday items.
- Take glass jars and use them for various things around the house. You could also use them for lunches and soups. We reuse our canning jars every year so we are not buying new each season.
- Remodeling? Save the good board, doors, hinges, so you can reuse elsewhere in your projects. We turned floor boards into a medicine cabinet and have used old window frames for decorations.
4. Take your own bags
- Bring your own reusable bags We love the totes from Thirty-One Gifts as there are so many different sizes to select from.
- With stores allow you to scan and shop, you can put all your groceries right into your own bags.
- Keep bags in each of your vehicles so everyone brings in their own bag to shop.
Separate the edible from the non-edible items too.
5. Take a lunch to work
- Eat healthier and save money for that vacation by taking your lunch to work.
- Insulated lunch bags are great to keep it cool till you are ready to eat.
6. Donate what you no longer need
- If you find you no longer need items and they still have life in them, find local organizations who take donations.
- Post online items you have for free (or for sale) for others to use.
- End of the driveway. Put things at the end of your driveway with a free sign for people to get.
7. Don’t Wrap it, bag it!
- Instead of using wrapping paper, give a reusable bag and fill it with goodies.
What things do you do, to make everyday Earth Day?
About Thirty-One Gifts
Did you know that Thirty-One Gifts is named after Proverbs 31 from the Bible? It describes the attributes and the important of a “virtuous women.” Thirty-One has a mission to help women by giving them the opportunity to own their own business. Cindy Monroe, the found, started Thirty-One in her basement in 2003. The company now has grown to now have more than 1,000 employees. There are over 69,000 independent sales consultants in the U.S. and Canada.