I love to work on crafts and have gathered quite a plethora of ‘craft stuff’ over the years. It sits idly by some months because we are busy. My kids get into the boxes and make them even more unorganized. Until now. I have been able to organize my crafts in a way, that even if my kids mess them up, I will be able to easily organize craft supplies thanks to Thirty-One Gifts and their easy to use Get Creative collection.
organize craft supplies
My craft supplies looked liked a hot mess, for sure. They were in old plastic containers and old shipping boxes that were ripped and broken. The contents were mixed, unorganized and not making me ever want to get them out and work on projects.
Here is what I did to organize and get my craft supplies in shape:
1. Evaluate what you have – go through and see what you have. Do you have duplicates? Do you need them?
- Donate things you are no longer using. If you haven’t used it in a year, you probably don’t need it.
- Tossy dried out paint, dry markers, broken everything. Why are you keeping the broken things?
- Keep what you will use in the future.
2. Likes together – put like items together
- paints and paint brushes
- glues and fuzzy & button things.
- stamp & card stuff together
- knitting needles and yarn
- markers, paper and cards together
craft supply storage
3. Get a couple Get Creative Cases from Thirty-One to organize your supplies. It is a rectangle box with handles. The sides have velcro that allow is you to open the sides and access your tools and supplies easily. Personalizing them with icons allows you to know at a glance what they have in them.
4. Tools – Put the tools that go with that craft in the same Get Creative Case. This makes it easy to take with you and craft with friends and family.
- glue guns with the buttons
- scissors with the card supplies
- knitting needles with the yarn
- put small items in little containers
5. Declutter your workspace – remove unnecessary items from your workspace. This makes your area more efficient and you can focus on your crafts.
6. Containerize your crafting supplies. Thirty-One has many options to help:
- Get Creative Case – perfect to organize your projects and like items together. It has handles on the ends to carry it. It is held together with very strong velcro on the sides, so you can folds it down flat if you want to easily access your supplies. There are pockets on the inside too.
- Get Creative Caddy – this has straps which makes it easier to grab a couple with your projects and pull what you need. It has several pockets on the outside and inside as well.
- Get Creative Carry All – This is great for transporting your project when on the go to those fun retreats for sewing, crafting, scrapbooking or card making. It zips closed and can hold your projects when you travel.
- personalization helps you identify what is in each container allowing you to grab and go!
7. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Thirty-One has you covered for the little things you need to keep track of for your projects.
- rectangle pouch – great for tools and supplies
- cylinders – use this for pencils, chalk, markers, etc.
- round pouch – great for buttons, bells, clips, eyes, etc.
- slim pouch – paint brushes, pencils, markers, etc
- sleeves – these are awesome for paper projects. Organize everything you need for your project in one space.
From painted rocks, homemade cards, making a knitted hat, scrapbooking or homemade cards, I have been able to organize my supplies.
What is your craft supply storage plan? I hope this inspires you to organize craft supplies and clear out the clutter.
About Thirty-One Gifts
Did you know that Thirty-One Gifts is named after Proverbs 31 from the Bible? It describes the attributes and the important of a “virtuous women.” Thirty-One has a mission to help women by giving them the opportunity to own their own business. Cindy Monroe, the found, started Thirty-One in her basement in 2003. The company now has grown to now have more than 1,000 employees. There are over 69,000 independent sales consultants in the U.S. and Canada.