There are many things you can do you for love on Valentines that are inexpensive. These can also be a list of things to do on an anniversary or a date. You definitely do not need to break the bank to celebrate Valentines. Check out this list of inexpensive ways to celebrate Valentines Day cheap:
celebrate Valentines Day
1. Make your own Valentines Day card.
2. Don’t make a card at all, write a poem or a hand written note.
3. Buy a card at a dollar store or in the $1 section of the cards.
4. Use the left over red and silver foiled candy from Christmas (if you have any left).
5. Buy a heart cookie cutter and cut your own heart-shaped cookies, bread, cheese out for a heart effect.
6. Make dinner versus going out to eat. Find a yummy dish you both like and make it. Think about it. A $15 per person chicken dinner at a restaurant, might cost $10 if you made it yourself.
7. Look for a coupon for a restaurant if you do go out, to save some money.
8. Share a meal if you go out, think of Lady and the Tramp sharing spaghetti.
9. Go to a fast food restaurant and order off the kids menu, it’s cheaper and appropriate portions.
10. Take your love out for breakfast, instead of dinner, its cheaper. Look for a coupon.
more Valentines date ideas
11. Buy rose petals in a bag verses on the flower. This is much cheaper if you are going to make a spread of roses or trail. Ask the florist if they sell petals by the bag.
12. Rent movies online or find a movie you haven’t watched on TV or on Netflix, Hulu, etc that you are already subscribed to. Have a movie marathon!
13. Buy your love something you need for the house versus something frivolous.
14. Melt some chocolate chips and dip in strawberries, pretzels, bananas. Very inexpensive.
15. Buy flowers at your local grocery store, versus at a florist. Some have beautiful flowers at a fraction of the price.
16. Pack a lunch and spend the afternoon at your favorite: park, where you met, going on a road trip, etc.
17. Go to happy hour for cheap drinks and appetizers at a local restaurant.
18. Put a puzzle together over cheap (but good) pizza.
19. Be a tourist in your own city.
20. Put together a bucket list of things you want to do and pick 1 to do every week, month, 6 months together.
You can save money by using one or more of these ideas and maybe splurging on another area. Holidays shouldn’t break your budget.
Now it’s your turn. What is your inexpensive tip to celebrate Valentines Day?